Place:


West Lavington  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Lavington like this:

LAVINGTON (WEST), a chapelry in Woolavington parish, Sussex; comprising detached portions of the parish near Medhurst r. station. It was constituted in 1851; and its post town is Midhurst. Pop., 172. Houses, 34. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £43. Patron, the Right Rev. S. Wilberforce.

West Lavington through time

West Lavington is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Lavington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Lavington, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8769

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Lavington ".