Place:


Rhydri  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rhydri like this:

RUDDRY, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; 2¼ miles E by S of Caerphilly r. station. Post-town, Caerphilly, under Cardiff. Acres, 2, 639. Real property, £3, 236; of which £846 are in mines. Pop., 329. Houses, 73. The property is divided among a few. There is a mineral spring. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Bedwas, in the diocese of Llan-daff. The church is not good.

Rhydri through time

Rhydri is now part of Caerphilly district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caerphilly has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rhydri itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rhydri, in Caerphilly and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8737

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rhydri ".