Place:


Rhosllannerchrugog  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rhosllannerchrugog like this:

RHOSLLANNERCHRUGOG, a village and a chapelry in Ruabon parish, Denbigh. The village stands 2 miles N W of Ruabon r. station; is of considerable size; and has a post-office under Ruabon. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Rated property, £20, 637. Pop. in 1861, 6, 620. Houses, 1, 508. The property is much subdivided. Many of the inhabitants are employed in coal and iron mines. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is modern.

Rhosllannerchrugog through time

Rhosllannerchrugog is now part of Wrexham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wrexham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rhosllannerchrugog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rhosllannerchrugog, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8710

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rhosllannerchrugog ".