Place:


Chadshunt  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chadshunt like this:

CHADSHUNT, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; 1½ mile NE of Kineton, and 5 W of Fenny-Compton r. station. Post Town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1,366. Real property, £1,770. Pop., 37. Houses, 5. The manor belonged early to the monks of Coventry; and passed to the see of Lichfield. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Bishops-Itchington, in the diocese of Worcester. An image of St. Chad, in the Romish times, stood in the churchyard, and attracted many pilgrims.

Chadshunt through time

Chadshunt is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chadshunt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chadshunt, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8669

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chadshunt ".