In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burton Hastings like this:
BURTON-HASTINGS, a parish in the district of Hinckley and county of Warwick; on Watling-street and Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal, adjacent to the Trent Valley railway, 2 miles N of Bulkington r. station, and 3½ ESE of Nuneaton. Post Town, Bulkington, under Rugby. Acres, 1,910. Real property, £2,856. Pop., 199. Houses, 48. The manor belonged, in the time of Edward IV., to William Lord Hastings; and passed, by marriage, to the Cotton family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £87. Patron, W. Bucknill, Esq. The church is good; and there are charities £28.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Burton Hastings has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rugby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Burton Hastings and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burton Hastings, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Burton Hastings".