Place:


Robeston Wathen  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Robeston Wathen like this:

ROBESTON-WATHON, or East Robeston, a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke; on the river Cleddau, 2 miles W N W of Narberth, and 3½ S W of Narberth Road r. station. Post-town, Narberth. Acres, 1, 345. Real property, £1, 751; of which £18 are in fisheries. Pop., 362. Houses, 92. R.-W. House is a chief residence. There is a quarry, in which some good fossils arefound. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Narberth, in the diocese of St. Davids.

Robeston Wathen through time

Robeston Wathen is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Robeston Wathen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Robeston Wathen in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8623

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Robeston Wathen ".