Place:


Redwick  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redwick like this:

REDWICK, a chapelry in Magor parish, Monmouth; on the coast of Caldicot level, 2 miles S S W of Magor r.station, and 7 E S E of Newport. Post-town, Magor, under Chepstow. Acres, 7, 794; of which 5, 560 are water. Real property, £4, 319. Pop., 289. Houses, 50. The property is subdivided. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Magor in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is good; and there is a national school.

Redwick through time

Redwick is now part of Newport district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newport has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Redwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Redwick, in Newport and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8618

Date accessed: 15th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Redwick ".