Place:


Radur  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Radur like this:

RADYR, or Radir, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the Merthyr-Tydvil canal, the river Taff, and the Taff Vale railway, 1½ mile N W of Llandaff r.station, and 4½ N W of Cardiff. Post-town, Llandaff, under Cardiff. Acres, 1, 530. Real property, £1, 876-Pop., 472. Houses, 89. R. Court was the seat of the Matthews family, and is now a farm-house. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £115. Patrons, the Heirs of the Earl of Plymouth.

Radur through time

Radur is now part of Cardiff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cardiff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Radur itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Radur, in Cardiff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8615

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Radur ".