Place:


Binton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Binton like this:

BINTON, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; on the river Avon, 4 miles W by S of Stratford-on-Avon r. station. Post Town, Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 1,260. Real property, £1,697. Pop., 230. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. Paving-stone is quarried; and needles and fish-hooks are made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £140.* Patron, the Marquis of Hertford. The church is decayed.

Binton through time

Binton is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Binton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Binton, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8583

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Binton ".