Place:


Balsall Heath  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Balsall Heath like this:

BALSALL HEATH, a chapelry in King's Norton parish, Worcester; on the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, 2½ miles S of Birmingham. It was constituted in 1853; and it has a post office under Birmingham. Pop., 7,651. Houses, 1,616. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300.* Patron, the Vicar of King's Norton. The church is ancient.

Balsall Heath through time

Balsall Heath is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Balsall Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Balsall Heath, in Birmingham and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8559

Date accessed: 17th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Balsall Heath ".