Place:


Baddesley Clinton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baddesley Clinton like this:

BADDESLEY-CLINTON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; on the Warwick and Birmingham canal and the Warwick and Birmingham railway, at Kingswood station, 8½ miles NW of Warwick. Post Town, Rowing ton under Warwick. Acres, 1,329. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 143. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to M. E. Ferrers, Esq. of Baddesley Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £27. Patron, M. E. Ferrers, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a Roman Catholic chapel and a nunnery.

Baddesley Clinton through time

Baddesley Clinton is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Baddesley Clinton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baddesley Clinton, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8549

Date accessed: 20th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Baddesley Clinton ".