Place:


Arrow  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Arrow like this:

ARROW, a township and a parish in Alcester district, Warwick. The township lies on the Alne or Arrow river, 1 mile SW of Alcester r. station, and 8 W of Stratford-on-Avon; and its Post Town is Alcester, under Redditch. Real property, £4,137. Pop., 295. Houses, 69. The parish includes also the township of Oversley. ...


Acres, 4,220. Real property, £6,811. Pop., 590. Houses, 111. The chief feature is the Marquis of Hertford's magnificent seat of Ragley Park. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £248.* Patron, the Marquis of Hertford. The church is ancient. Charities, £5. See Ragley Park.

Arrow through time

Arrow is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Arrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Arrow, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8530

Date accessed: 20th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Arrow ".