In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Guldeford like this:
GUILDFORD, or GULDEFORD (EAST), a parish in Rye district, Sussex; on the river Rother, and on the Hastings and Ashford railway, 1¼ mile NE of Rye. Posttown, Rye. Acres, 2, 430. Real property, £7, 423. Pop., 152. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Playden, in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £450. Patron, the Rev. G. A. Lamb. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Guldeford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Rother. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Guldeford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Guldeford, in Rother and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Guldeford".