Place:


Great Alne  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Alne like this:

ALNE (Great), a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Alne, 5 miles W by S of Bearley r station, and 6½ NW of Stratford-on-Avon. It has a post office under Birmingham. Acres, 1,753. Real property, £3,028. Pop., 347. Houses, 89. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Kinwarton, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is good. Charities, £28.

Great Alne through time

Great Alne is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Alne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Alne, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8519

Date accessed: 15th August 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Alne ".