Place:


Allesley  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Allesley like this:

ALLESLEY, a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; near the Northwestern railway, 2 miles NW of Coventry. It has a post office under Coventry. Acres, 4,225. Real property, £9,979. Pop., 974. Houses, 207. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to E. V. Neale, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £749.* Patron, the Rev. W. T. Bree. The church was restored and enlarged in 1864. There are an educational establishment called Allesley Park College, an endowed school for boys, a subscription school for girls, and charities £69.

Allesley through time

Allesley is now part of Coventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Coventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Allesley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Allesley, in Coventry and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8518

Date accessed: 21st September 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Allesley ".