Place:


Prendergast  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Prendergast like this:

PRENDERGAST, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on the river Cleddau, and on the South Wales railway, at Haverfordwest r. station; is suburban to Haverfordwest; communicates with that town by a bridge; and is a seat of petty sessions. The parish comprises 1, 104 acres, and is partly within Haverfordwest borough. ...


Post-town, Haverfordwest. Real property, £4,072. Pop., 1, 540. Houses, 309. Pop. of the H. borough part, 1, 326. Houses, 261. The property is subdivided. A seat of the Prendergasts and the Stepneys was here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £183. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English, and was recently in disrepair.

Prendergast through time

Prendergast is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Prendergast itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Prendergast in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8517

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Prendergast ".