Place:


Shareshill  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shareshill like this:

SHARESHILL, a township and a parish in Penkridge district, Stafford. The township lies 2 miles S E of Four-Ashes r. station, and 5½ N N E of Wolverhampton: and has a post-office under Wolverhampton. Pop., 295. Houses, 67. The parish contains also the township of Saredon, and comprises 1, 985 acres. ...


Real property, £5, 653. Pop., 531. Houses, 118. The property is much subdivided. Hilton Hall is a chief residence. There are two ancient camps. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £114. Patron, Lord Hatherton. The church is good; and there are a parochial school, and charities £6.

Shareshill through time

Shareshill is now part of South Staffordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Staffordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shareshill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shareshill in South Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8507

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shareshill ".