Place:


Peterston super Montem  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peterston super Montem like this:

PETERSTONE, P.-on-the-Hill, or P.-super-Montem, a chapelry in Coychurch parish, Glamorgan; adjacent to the South Wales railway and to the river Ogmore, under Mynydd-y-Rhiw, 3 miles N E of Pencoed r. station, and 4½ W by N of Llantrissant. Post-town, Coychurch, under Bridgend. Acres, 2,060. Real property, £1, 458; of which £440 are in mines. Pop., 216. Houses, 40. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Coy-church, in the diocese of Llandaff.

Peterston super Montem through time

Peterston super Montem is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peterston super Montem itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peterston super Montem, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8499

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peterston super Montem ".