Place:


Rushall  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushall like this:

RUSHALL, a parish, with a village and a r. station, in Walsall district, Stafford; on the North Staffordshire railway, 1 mile N N E of Walsall. Acres, 1, 924. Post-town, Walsall. Real property, £8,094; of which £570 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 1, 946; in 1861, 2, 842. Houses, 586. The property is divided among a few. ...


Aseat of the Bowleses, the Grobbers, and the Leighs was here, but went to ruin. Limestone and ironstoneabound, and are worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £292.* Patrons, W. Mellish and B. Gurdon, Esqs. The church was rebuilt in 1444, and recently repaired. An Independent chapel was built in 1861; and is in the early English style, with a tower. There is a national school.

Rushall through time

Rushall is now part of Walsall district. Click here for graphs and data of how Walsall has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rushall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushall, in Walsall and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8493

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rushall ".