Place:


Penrhyndeudraeth  Merionethshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penrhyndeudraeth like this:

PENRHYN-DENDRAETH, a chapelry in Llanfi-hangel-y-Traethau, Llandecwyn, and Llanfrothen parishes, Merioneth; on the Festiniog railway, around Penrhyn r. station, 3¼ miles E by N of Portmadoc. It was constituted in 1858; and it has a post-office under Carnarvon. Pop., 1,088, 78, and 149. Houses, 245, 15, and 31. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £180. Patron, Mrs. Oakley.

Penrhyndeudraeth through time

Penrhyndeudraeth is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penrhyndeudraeth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penrhyndeudraeth, in Gwynedd and Merionethshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8468

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penrhyndeudraeth ".