Place:


Penrhydd  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penrhydd like this:

PENRITH, or Penrhydd, a parish in the district of Newcastle-Emlyn and county of Pembroke; under Vrenin-vawr mountain, 7 miles S W of Newcastle-Emlyn r. station. It includes the chapelry of Castellan; and its post town is Cardigan. Acres, 3,081. Real property, £1, 245. Pop., 370. Houses, 93. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £100. Patron, the Lord Chancellor.

Penrhydd through time

Penrhydd is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penrhydd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penrhydd in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8465

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penrhydd ".