Place:


Pen Pont  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pen Pont like this:

PENPONT, or Bettws-Peupont, a hamlet-chapelry in Llanspyddid parish, Breconshire; on the river Usk, 4 miles W of Brecon r. station. Post-town, Brecon. Acres, 1, 970. Real property, £1, 601. Pop., 119. Houses, 20. P. House is the seat of P. Williams, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £120. Patrons, the Landholders.

Pen Pont through time

Pen Pont is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pen Pont itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pen Pont, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8462

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pen Pont ".