Place:


Funtington  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Funtington like this:

FUNTINGTON, a parish and a sub-district in Westbourne district, Sussex. The parish lies 2¼ miles N of Bosham r. station, and 4½ WSW of Chichester; and contains the tythings of East and West Ashling, and the hamlet of Sennicotts. Post town, West Ashling, under Chichester. Acres, 3, 635. ...


Real property, £7, 934. - Pop., 1, 099. Houses, 231. There are several fine residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £150.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Chichester. The church is ancient; and was extensively renovated, and much enlarged and beautified, in 1859. The p. curacy of Sennicotts is a separate benefice. There are a national school, and charities £31.

Funtington through time

Funtington is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Funtington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Funtington, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8451

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Funtington ".