Place:


Pencarreg  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pencarreg like this:

PENCARREG, a parish and a sub-district in the district of Lampeter and county of Carmarthen. The parish lies on the river Teifi, at the boundary with Cardigan, near Llanybyther r. station, and 4 miles S W by W of Lampeter. Post-town, Llanybyther, under Carmarthen. Acres, 10, 392. Real property, £3, 705. ...


Pop., 1, 208. Houses, 268. The property is subdivided. Mynydd-Pencarreg occupies a large area in the W. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £126. Patron, P. Pryse, Esq. The church is good.—The sub-district contains also three other parishes. Acres, 22, 231. Pop., 2, 878. Houses, 637.

Pencarreg through time

Pencarreg is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pencarreg itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pencarreg in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8426

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pencarreg ".