Place:


Yardley Gobion  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yardley Gobion like this:

YARDLEY-GOBION, a township, with a village, in Potterspury parish, Northampton; on the Grand Junction canal, 3½ miles NNW of Stony-Stratford. It contains Potterspury workhouse; and has a post-office under Stony-Stratford, a chapel of ease built in 1865, and an Independent chapel. Real property, £2,538. Pop. in 1861, 650: of whom 61 were in the workhouse. Houses, 134. The manor belongs to the Duke of Grafton. Y. House is the residence of Mrs. Franklin.

Yardley Gobion through time

Yardley Gobion is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yardley Gobion itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yardley Gobion in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8365

Date accessed: 16th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yardley Gobion ".