Place:


Wollaston  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wollaston like this:

WOLLASTON, a parish, with a village, in Wellingborough district, Northampton; on the river Nen and on the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 2½ miles SSW of Wellingborough r. station. It has a post-office under Wellingborough. Acres, 3,640. Real property, £6,451. Pop. in 1851, 1,261; in 1861, 1,443. ...


Houses, 306. The manor belongs to the trustees of the late Major Hill. The living is a vicarage, united with Irchester, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £440.* Patron, the Rev. T. Wood. The church is early English and cruciform, and has a central tower and spire. There are Independent and Wesleyan chapels, a national school, and charities £22.

Wollaston through time

Wollaston is now part of Wellingborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wellingborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wollaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wollaston, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8354

Date accessed: 18th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wollaston ".