In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Durrington like this:
DURRINGTON, a parish in Worthing district, Sussex; 1½ mile NE by N of Goring r. station, and 2½ NW of Worthing. It includes Coate; and its post town is Tarring, under Worthing. Acres, 891. Real property, £1, 449. Pop., 171. Houses, 36. The church is a ruin, without any architectural interest: and the inhabitants attend service at Tarring.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Durrington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Worthing. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Durrington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Durrington, in Worthing and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Durrington".