Place:


Chithurst  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chithurst like this:

CHITHURST, a parish in Midhurst district, Sussex; on the river Rother, 3¼ miles WNW of Midhurst r. station, and 6½ E of Petersfield. Post town, Midhurst. Acres, 1, 047. Real property, £853. Pop., 215. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. A part lies detached beyond Trotton. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Iping, in the diocese of Chichester. The church is good.

Chithurst through time

Chithurst is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chithurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chithurst, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8308

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chithurst ".