In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nannerch like this:
NANNERCH, a township and a parish in Holywell district; the township and most of the parish in Flintshire, the rest of the parish in Denbighshire. The township lies under Moel-Arthur, 4½ miles S W of Bagillt r.station, and 5 W S W of Flint; and has a post-office under Mold, Flintshire. The parish contains also the townships of Llan, Cwm, and Trefechan, in Flintshire, and the township of Penbedw in Denbighshire. Acres of the Flint portion, 1,849. Real property, £1, 633. Pop., 275. ...
Houses, 59. Acres of the Denbigh portion, 943. Real property, £887. Pop., 58. Houses, 13. The property is divided among a few. Penbedw Hall belonged formerlyto the Mostyns; is now the seat of W. Buddicom, Esq.; was long noted for a rich old library, containing a collection of illuminated books; and stands in grounds whichhave a Druidical circle and a tumulus. Limestone has been quarried, and lead and iron ores have been worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £292.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is good, and contains a monument of the wife of R. Mostyn, Esq., grand-daughter of Sir Kenelm Digby.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Nannerch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Nannerch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nannerch in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Nannerch".