Place:


Nancwnlle  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nancwnlle like this:

NANTCWNLLE, a parish in Tregaron district, Cardigan; on the river Ayron, 3¾ miles N N W of Bettws r.station, and 6½ W S W of Tregaron. It contains the villages of Llandainfach and Dalbdwda; and its post town is Tregaron, under. Carmarthen. Acres, 4, 603. Real property, £1,074. Pop., 803. Houses, 174. The property is much subdivided. An ancient camp is at Penygaer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is good.

Nancwnlle through time

Nancwnlle is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nancwnlle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nancwnlle, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8299

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nancwnlle ".