Place:


Warkton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warkton like this:

WARKTON, a parish, with a village, in Kettering district, Northampton; 2½ miles E by N of Kettering r. station. It has a postal letter-box under Kettering. Acres, 1,810. Real property, £2,374. Pop., 315. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £293.* Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church was recently improved. There are a free school, and several charities.

Warkton through time

Warkton is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warkton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warkton, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8270

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warkton ".