Place:


Wadenhoe  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wadenhoe like this:

WADENHOE, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; 4 miles SSW of Oundle r. station. It has a post-office under Oundle. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £1,623. Pop., 270. Houses, 56. The manor, with W. House, belongs to G. W. Hunt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £286.* Patron, G. Capron, Esq. The church is old. There is a national school.

Wadenhoe through time

Wadenhoe is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wadenhoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wadenhoe in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8257

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wadenhoe ".