In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Beeding like this:
BEEDING (Lower), a parochial chapelry in Horsham district, Sussex; in St. Leonard's forest, on the Mid Sussex railway, near Faygate station, 5 miles ENE of Horsham. It has a post office under Horsham. Acres, 9,675. Real property, £5,466.-Pop., 1,149. Houses, 172. There are several good residences. Many cottages, occupied by labourers employed in the reclamation of waste land, have been erected since 1841. The lands of Bewbush and Holmbush belong ecclesiastically to Upper Beeding. A large brown pottery manufactory is near Holmbush. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Pollard-Oak, in the dio. of Chichester. Value, £135.* Patron, W. E. Hubbard, Esq. The church was built in 1839, and enlarged in 1862. There are a chapel of ease and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lower Beeding has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Horsham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lower Beeding and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Beeding, in Horsham and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lower Beeding".