In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Minera like this:
MINERA, a village, a township, and a chapelry in Wrexham parish, Denbigh. The village stands on the river Clywedog, under Cyrn-y-Brain mountain, 1½ mile S of the boundary with Flint, 2 W of Offa's dyke, and 4½ WNW of Wrexham r. station; and has a post office under Wrexham. The township comprises 1,351 acres. Real property, £21,030; of which £16,000 are in mines, £2,967 in quarries, and £100 in railways. Pop. in 1851, 771; in 1861,1,221. Houses, 265. The increase of pop. ...
arose from the extension of mining and quarrying operations, and from facilities of railway communication. The property is not much divided. The rocks are very rich in iron, lead, and copper ores: and they adjoin the outcrop of the coal measures, adjacent to lime and slate quarries.The chapelry is more extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1844. Pop., 1,714. Houses, 367. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £119.* Patron, the Vicar of Wrexham. The church was reported in 1859 as needing repair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Minera has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wrexham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Minera and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Minera, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Minera".