Place:


Thurning  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurning like this:

THURNING, a parish in the district of Oundle and counties of Huntingdon and Northampton; 3 miles ESE of Barnwell r. station, and 5 SE of Oundle. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1,000. Real property, £1,494. Pop., 214. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to Earl Sandwich. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £181.* Patron, Emmanuel College, Cambridge. The church is early English. There is a national school.

Thurning through time

Thurning is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thurning itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurning in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8219

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thurning ".