Place:


Thornhaugh  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thornhaugh like this:

THORNHAUGH, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; 1¼ mile NNW of Wansford-Road r. station. Post town, Wansford. Acres, 1,706. Real property, £2,031. Pop., 243. Houses, 50. The property belongs to the Duke of Bedford. The living is a rectory, united with Wansford, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £483.* Patron, the Duke of Bedford. The church is ancient. There is a national school.

Thornhaugh through time

Thornhaugh is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thornhaugh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thornhaugh, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8208

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thornhaugh ".