Place:


Sutton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sutton like this:

SUTTON, a chapelry in Castor parish, Northampton; on the river Nen, near Wansford r. station. Acres, 880. Real property, £1,101. Pop., 112. Houses, 22. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of P. The church is ancient. Charities, £10.

Sutton through time

Sutton is now part of Peterborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Peterborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sutton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sutton, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8193

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sutton ".