Place:


Strixton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Strixton like this:

STRIXTON, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; 4 miles S by W of Wellingborough r. station. Post town, Wellingborough. Acres, 889. Real property, £1,237. Pop., 61. Houses, 12. The living is a rectory, annexed to Bozeat, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is early English.

Strixton through time

Strixton is now part of Wellingborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wellingborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Strixton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Strixton, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8184

Date accessed: 22nd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Strixton ".