Place:


Stoke Albany  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Albany like this:

STOKE-ALBANY, a parish, with a village, in the district of Market-Harborough and county of Northampton; 2¼ miles S of Medbourne-Bridge r. station, and 5 E by N of Market-Harborough. Post town, Market-Harborough. Acres, 1,661. Real property, £2,903. Pop., 344. Houses, 83. The property is chiefly divided among four. S. House is the seat of R. B. Humfrey, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £250.* Patron, G. L. Watson. The church is ancient but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £19.

Stoke Albany through time

Stoke Albany is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoke Albany itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Albany, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8177

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoke Albany ".