Place:


Worlingworth  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Worlingworth like this:

WORLINGWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Hoxne district, Suffolk; 5 miles NW by N of Framlingham r. station. It has a post-office under Wickham-Market. Acres, 2,446. Real property, £4,562. Pop., 740. Houses, 170. The manor, with W. Hall, belongs to Lord Henniker. The living is a rectory, united with Southolt, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £933.* Patron, Lord Henniker. The church is early English. There are an endowed school with £50 a year, and charities £165.

Worlingworth through time

Worlingworth is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Worlingworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Worlingworth in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8124

Date accessed: 13th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Worlingworth ".