Place:


Little Oakley  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Oakley like this:

OAKLEY (Little), a parish in Kettering district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 3½ miles N E of Rushton r. station, and 5½ N by E of Kettering. Post-town, Geddington, under Kettering. Acres, 724. Real property, £804. Pop., 127. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. ...


The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £113.* Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is early English; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and contains a monument of 1620 to one of the Montagues. There is an infant school.

Little Oakley through time

Little Oakley is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Oakley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Oakley, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8109

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Oakley ".