In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marholm like this:
MARHOLM, a parish in Peterborough district, Northampton; adjacent to the Great Northern railway, 4½ miles NW by N of Peterborough r. station. Post town, Peterborough. Acres, 1,790. Real property, £1,534. Pop., 172. Houses, 33. The property belongs chiefly to the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £311. * Patron, the Hon. G. W. Fitzwilliam. The church is partly Norman, partly early English, partly later English; consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower; and contains monuments of the Fitzwilliams. There are alms houses with £14 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Marholm has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Peterborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Marholm and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marholm, in Peterborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Marholm".