Place:


Luddington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Luddington like this:

LUDDINGTON-IN-THE-BROOK, a parish in the district of Oundle and counties of Northampton and Huntingdon; 4 miles E by S of Barnwell r. station, and 5½ SE of Oundle. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 580. Real property of the Northampton portion, £732; of the Huntingdon portion, £260. ...


Pop. of the N. portion, 103; of the H. portion, 25. Houses, 20 and 6. The property belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a rectory, united in 1867 with Hemington, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £320. Patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The church is old, and consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower.

Luddington through time

Luddington is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Luddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Luddington in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8064

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Luddington ".