Place:


Hemington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hemington like this:

HEMINGTON, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; adjacent to Hunts, 4 miles SE of Oundle r. station. Post town, Oundle. Acres, 1, 240. Real property, £1, 513. Pop., 152. Houses, 29. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough; and was annexed in 1867 to Luddington-in-the-Brook. The church was rebuilt in 1866; and is a plain edifice, with a tower.

Hemington through time

Hemington is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hemington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hemington in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8011

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hemington ".