Place:


Worlington  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Worlington like this:

WORLINGTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Mildenhall district, Suffolk. The village stands on the river Lark, 1 mile WSW of Mildenhall, and 4½ N of Kennet r. station; and has a post-office under Soham. -The parish comprises 2,080 acres. Real property, £2,381. Pop., 349. ...


Houses, 87. The property belongs chiefly to W. Honeywood and G. Gataker, Esqs. There are rabbit-warrens. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £240. Patron, Lady Windsor. The church is early English. There are a national school, and charities £5.—The sub-district contains 7 parishes and a part. Pop., 3,705. Houses, 803.

Worlington through time

Worlington is now part of Forest Heath district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest Heath has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Worlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Worlington, in Forest Heath and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7981

Date accessed: 17th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Worlington ".