Place:


Harringworth  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harringworth like this:

HARRINGWORTH, a parish in the district of Uppingham, and county of Northampton; on the river Welland and on the Rugby and Stamford railway, adjacent to Rutlandshire, 1 mile from Seaton r. station, and 5 NE by N of Rockingham. Post-town, Uppingham. Acres, 3,060. Reaproperty, £5,504. Pop., 360. ...


Houses, 75. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Thomas Tryon, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £174.* Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is good; consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and S porch, with tower and spire; and contains monuments of the Tryons. An endowed school has £35; and other charities have £29.

Harringworth through time

Harringworth is now part of East Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harringworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harringworth in East Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7975

Date accessed: 12th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harringworth ".