Place:


Harrington  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harrington like this:

HARRINGTON, a village and a parish in Kettering district, Northampton. The village stands 2½ miles SW of Desborough r. station, and 7 NW of Kettering; has a post-office under Northampton; and gives the title of Earl to the family of Stanhope. The parish comprises 2,519 acres. Real property, £4,015. ...


Pop., 222. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to John Tollemache, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £421. * Patron, John Tollemache, Esq. The church is early English, cruciform, and good; and has a tower. Charities, £5.

Harrington through time

Harrington is now part of Kettering district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kettering has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harrington, in Kettering and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7973

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harrington ".