Place:


Grendon  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grendon like this:

GRENDON, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; 1¾ mile S of Castle-Ashby r. station, and 5½ SSW of Wellingborough. It has a post office under Northampton. Acres, 3, 120. Real property, £3, 579. Pop., 610. Houses, 134. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Northampton. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £120. * Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is partly Norman, partly early English; has a fine later English tower; contains two brasses of meg in armour; and is good. Charities, £22.

Grendon through time

Grendon is now part of Wellingborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wellingborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grendon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grendon, in Wellingborough and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7957

Date accessed: 18th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grendon ".