Place:


Withersfield  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Withersfield like this:

WITHERSFIELD, a parish in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 2 miles N W of Haverhill r. station. It has a post-office under Newmarket. Acres, 2,509. Real property, £3,791. Pop., 624. Houses, 146. The manor belongs to the Rev. W. Mayd. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £650.* Patron, the Rev. W. Mayd. The church was partly rebuilt and enlarged in 1868. There is a parochial school.

Withersfield through time

Withersfield is now part of St Edmundsbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how St Edmundsbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Withersfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Withersfield, in St Edmundsbury and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7955

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Withersfield ".