Place:


Willisham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willisham like this:

WILLISHAM, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 3 miles W of Claydon r. station, and 7 NW of Ipswich. Post town, Needham-Market. Acres, 927. Real property, £1,418. Pop., 186. Houses, 43. The manor belongs to the Rev. E. B. Sparke. W. Hall is the residence of W. Boby, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £56. Patron, the Rev. E. B. Sparke. The church is plain Norman. Charities, £5.

Willisham through time

Willisham is now part of Mid Suffolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Suffolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Willisham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willisham in Mid Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7949

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Willisham ".